Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Ten Most Recent Search Display & Algorithm Updates
Yesterday, Matt Cutts posted on the Google blog about ten recent algorithm changes in the past couple weeks implemented on Google web search. The changes include ranking...
- Matt Cutts: Google Distinguished Engineer
I wanted to congratulate Matt Cutts on behalf of the search marketing community for his new title at Google, "Distinguished Engineer." Danny Sullivan noticed that on his last blog post, his title was updated to Matt Cutts, Distinguished Engineer from Matt Cutts, Principal Engineer...
- Google Doesn't Count Links They Do Not Trust
A WebmasterWorld thread is discussing one point made by Google's Matt Cutts at his PubCon session last week. In the session, he said that even though they show links in Webmaster Tools and a link command report on Google, it does not mean they count those links...
- Google Likes Linking To Google
I spotted a Google + by Googler Susan Moskwa who posted some follow up questions and answers from a webmaster hangout she ran with Pierre Far a few weeks ago...
- Google Webmaster Tools Reports Are Delayed
There are complaints at the Google Webmaster Help and WebmasterWorld forums that the Google Webmaster Tools reports are delayed by about a week. It is true, if you login today, November 15th, to see your Google search query reports, it will be about a week behind...
- Geek Cake Shop
Here is a collection of "social media cupcakes" from the Geek Cake Shop, which is from the Crazy Moose Bakery. The cupcakes collection is missing both Facebook and Google + for some reason.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Doodle Hua Luogeng, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- How to Train a Link Builder, Sphinn
- Some extra support in the Google Places for business Help forum, Google Places for business Help