Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: October 28, 2011
I have not done the video in about three weeks due to holidays, but I am back and here is the recap of 3 weeks of news all in 10 minutes. Google made two "minor" updates to Panda, one on October 20th and the other on October 13th...
- Google Links Algorithm Gone Haywire?
A WebmasterWorld thread has one webmaster who claims that the Panda 2.5.2 update which happened around October 14th was more about Google's link algorithm being a bit buggy. The niche he follows...
- Google Keyword Tool Replaces Green Bar With High, Medium & Low Indicators
The Google Keyword Tool has replaced the green bar indicator displayed in the competition column of the results with a text label of either "High," "Medium," or "Low." Visually, it will look different but technically, you are not losing much information...
- Google Drops "Not Visited Yet" Search Filter
Two years ago, Google had launched a search feature for filtering search results by sites you have not visited yet. The option showed up on the side bar, most recently...
- Dress Up Your Profile Pic For Halloween Using Google Creative Kit
Halloween is coming up this Monday and a Google Webmaster Help thread has Googlers and frequent forum users dressing up their profile pics for the holiday...
- Louis Gray's Google +1 License Plate
Louis Gray, the new Googler and famous blogger, posted a picture of his new license plate. The plate reads, GOOG +1. Pretty cute! You can see more pictures on his Google + profile
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Buying Dropped Domains in 2011 - Works?, WebmasterWorld
- How to help new link builders evaluate a link prospect, Sphinn
- Minor algo changes right now - Google tweaking constantly, WebmasterWorld
- In regards to numerous emails received to put more ads on our pages, WebmasterWorld
- Google shopping seems to have been hijacked by retailers who falsely advertise low prices, Google Web Search Help
- Known Issues: Display ads directing to a DoubleClick error URL when clicked through the Ad Preview link, Google AdWords Help
- Our eBay store outranks the actual ecommerce site, WebmasterWorld