Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SEOs Adapt To Google's Hummingbird Algorithm
As you know, Google announced their Hummingbird algorithm about a month after it launched, claiming no one noticed and no one should notice. But we do think we did notice but no one can confirm that outside of Google and they won't...
- Google Bakes In Knowledge Graph With Bacon Number
If you search for an actor/actress in Google and then click on the "People also search for" section in the knowledge graph, Google will show you the bacon number or the connection/relationship between the first person you searched for and the second person you clicked on...
- Google Alerts Perk Up After Hummingbird Launch?
Google Alerts has seen some maintenance by Google's engineers recently. It added back the RSS option after losing it. There were also reports of the alerts not working for many. In the past few weeks or so...
- Google Adds TV Episodes To Knowledge Graph
Google announced on Google+ that they added TV episodes to the knowledge graph. So now when you search for a specific TV show, Google will show you upcoming episodes...
- Google Promises To Fix Their Stop Watch
Google launched a neat fun search feature, a timer or stop watch feature back in August. About a week ago, the Google timer stopped ticking. Yesterday...
- Google At Google+ The Three Men Emerge Tokyo Event
Google's Vice President of Product of Google+ snapped pictures at an event in Tokyo named The Three Men Emerge. The event was to showcase three photographers who used Google+ to get their art known.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Drastically Improved Speed, but now Sitehealth Scorecard Dropped, WebmasterWorld
- Google Shopping Hangout on Air: Scaling Inventory .., AdWords Community
- Link Sources For Ecommerce Sites, HighRankings Forums
- Yahoo Mail Gets a Refresh, With New Features, WebmasterWorld