Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Crushes Ghost Rank 2.0, A Russian Link Network
Ghost Rank 2.0 was hit hard by Google. It seems that at least one of the underground and under the radar networks was severely hurt by Google and many of the sites using them to rank well in Google are now penalized. Google's Matt Cutts did issue a warning on Twitter a few weeks ago...
- Google Not Provided 100% Of All Organic Search Queries
I assume by now, you've all seen the news that Google has secured ALL searches leading to all their organic search query referrer data to go completely 100% not provided. In fact, I checked this morning, and this site shows 93.4% of all Google organic search queries as being not provided. What about the other 6.6%? Maybe the SSL migration of Google is not 100% complete yet?
- Poking Google With Fetch Requests Won't Lead To A Penalty
You know that annoying kid who is constantly poking you on your back and asking the same annoying request over and over again...
- Google: Higher Quality Content Not Necessarily More Useful Content
All this talk about having the best, most authoritative, most professional, most correct and accurate information on your web site - throw it out the window. Okay, maybe I am being a bit sarcastic but stick with me here...
- Google AdWords Conversion Window Customization Between 7 & 90 Days
Google announced you can now customize the conversion window length from a flat 30 day period, now to a period anywhere between 7 and 90 days. Google said, "We're also adding the capability to customize your conversion counting window from 7 to 90 days after a click...
- Box Of Google Chocolates
Last week we posted an image of the chocolates Google sent out to partners part of the Google Engage for Agencies. This week, I wanted to share the box them came in. Wissam Dandan posted on Google+
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- "Will having the same ingredients list for a product as…, Johannes Mehlem - Google+
- I Want a New Search Engine, WebmasterWorld
- Subsciption videos not showing., YouTube Help
- Why is my Google Shopping feed disapproved?, AdWords Community