Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Blink HTML Trick Works On Query Refinements
In February, Google released a easter egg named blink HTML that made some of the words in the search results blink on the screen. But as Enrico Altavilla noticed and posted on Google+, it also works on query refinements...
- Google AdSense Earnings Drop With HTTPS Migrations
So I was all excited migrating over this site to SSL and my corporate site but despite very little ranking changes, both negative or positive thus far, AdSense earnings seem to have taken a hit somewhat...
- Google App Promotion Ads
Google announced you can now globally promote your apps within the Google Search, the Google Display Network and YouTube ad networks. Google previewed this back in April where you were able to promote apps to users who install apps...
- Google AdSense Ad Label Being Tested
One AdSense publisher claims seeing a Google AdSense ad with the "ad" label replacing the favicon spot in the AdSense ad format. He posted about it in WebmasterWorld saying: Anyone else seeing this new test on text ads...
- Google Leaf Light Shields
Last time I was at Google's New York City office, I entered a zone where there were these leaves covering the top of the cubicles. It was a special team who preferred a more nature look in the office.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Contacts on Glass are getting better. A new Glass update is coming and it lets…, Google+ - Google Glass
- In-market audiences available in AdWords for Video A few months ago we…, Google+ - Google Ads
- Manual ban from Google: unnatural links, but where?, WebmasterWorld