Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Guidelines Update: Low Quality Guest Blogging Considered Content Spam
Google has quietly updated their Webmaster Guidelines, the little or no original content section. They added a example reference there for "low-quality guest blog posts." I would not be surprised to see manual actions for guest blogging, not link specific, but content specific penalties.
- Google: The Change Of Address Tool Speed Things Up
As I reported earlier, the change of address tool does not support HTTP to HTTPS migrations and John Mueller of Google said "just use normal 301s." But how important is the change of address tool when migrating to a new domain name?
- Google's Feedburner Doesn't Like HTTPS Source URLs
As you know, I am the guinea pig here and I am migrating two sites from HTTP to HTTPS, this site and my corporate site. Both use Feedburner, which was acquired by Google in 2007, but there is constant fear that Google will kill off...
- Google AdWords Shopping Campaigns Upgrade Tool
Google has launched a new tool to help advertisers upgrade their Product Listing Ads (PLAs) campaigns to Google Shopping ad campaigns. As you know...
- Google Street View Car All Ready For Bed
Mark Traphagen posted on Google+ a picture of a Google Street View Car all packed up and ready to go to bed. You can see the camera itself is bagged up, which is surprising, I'd think they bring it i
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing Makes Code Search and API Reference Easier, WebmasterWorld
- I'm Barry Schwartz. I'm a search geek. AMA : bigseo, Reddit
- The Pakistan National Monument in all its glory is the subject of our doodle…, Google+ - Google
- Url Parameters Can Tank Your Website - Word To The Wise, Cre8asite Forums