Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Webmasters Claiming Recoveries With Google Panda 2.3 Update
Panda 2.3 was rolled out on July 22nd and since then I have been hearing a nice number of reports from webmasters that they have recovered. Of course, we are still getting reports that sites are still not doing better and then new reports of sites that just hit by this update. But for the first time, I am seeing a significant number of reports from people saying they recovered.
- Google AdWords Express Gouging Prices For Small Businesses?
Google rebranded Boost to AdWords Express this week and along with that came huge price increases on the CPC (cost per click) side for some AdWords Express advertisers...
- Nudity On Google Dictionary For Perverse
A Google Web Search Help thread has a case where the Google Dictionary showed a picture of a topless woman for the definition of [perverse]. I was able to replicate the naked woman for that term this morning, so it may still show up for you...
- Google Analytics Changes How They Track Google Image Search
I've been seeing posts and forum complaints that Google Analytics has shown tremendous drops in search referrals from Google Image Search...
- AdWords Disapproves Ads For "Text Manipulation"
Personally, I have never heard of an ad being disapproved by Google AdWords for "text manipulation." I spotted a thread at the Google AdWords Help forums which has Laura, a Google AdWords review engineer...
- Captain America Comes To Yahoo's Rescue
Looks like Captain America has stopped by Yahoo to help save them. I am sure this is for some Yahoo Movies promo but cool nevertheless. Did Captain America ever come to your office?
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Doodle Enrique Granados, Google Blogoscoped Forums
- Facebook debuts "Facebook for Business", WebmasterWorld
- Google Preview highlights entire page for one term, WebmasterWorld
- Blackhat Ranking tips in google that work, Google Webmaster Help
- Discussion: What do you think Google's U.S. market share really is?, Sphinn
- Does Google measure web site capacity and adjust rankings accordingly?, WebmasterWorld
- Leveraging your SEO for Search Retargeting, Sphinn