Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Goodbye Boost, Hello Google AdWords Express
Google has announced that they are naming Google Boost, which they launched in October 2010 as an easy way for local business to create AdWords listings, to AdWords Express. Any business can create ads and a local listing now within five minutes, Google said...
- Buy Google Plus Ones
What took so long? Now, there are companies selling you plus ones. They will have real people, with verified accounts, plus one your stories for you.
- Uppercase Google AdWords Display URLs
Reports from WebmasterWorldshow that Google is testing AdWords and AdSense ads with the display URLs in all caps. As you may remember, Google AdWords recently changed their display URL policy to require the display URLs to be lowercase...
- Google Plus One Hurting Rankings Or Helping Rankings?
We know that Google has said that plus ones can have a positive impact on your rankings but we also know site speed can have a negative impact on rankings...
- Google Feet Burners
Amanda posted a picture on Flickr of the back of an SUV with the writing "Google Feetburner." Apparently it is a a two day 190 mile relay race that Googlers have participated in for 5 years.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Gaming Google - the evolution of our true vocation, WebmasterWorld
- Get Over Yourself And Give Me A Link (please), Sphinn
- How Google Might Rank Pages Based upon Usage Information, Sphinn
- No, Local SEO Isn’t Dead … But It Is a Wee Bit Harder, Sphinn
- Would Google consider adding a crawler schedule to Webmaster Tools?, Google Webmaster Help