Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Do Super Heros Use Bing?
I haven't seen the new Spiderman movie, "The Amazing Spider-Man" yet...
- SEOs Love The New Google Shopping Placement
Google Shopping has switched to a paid model and with that, Google has been testing user interfaces for where to place these Google Shopping results. The test that everyone is seeing now is placing the listings at the top right...
- Blekko Boasts Faster Index While Still Catering To SEOs
Blekko announced an update to their index where they are aiming at not necessarily massively increasing the size of their index but rather increasing the speed in how they update the index they already have. They want a fresher and almost real-time index...
- Google Shutting Down iGoogle, Users Revolt
I monitor complaints by Google users each day and I've never seen this many complaints about a Google decision before it was actually implemented until now. On Tuesday, right before people went home for the July 4th holiday...
- What's Your Google Glass Number?
Aaron Parecki posted a picture of Tristan Waddington holding his Google Glass number. I assume this is what Google gave those who signed up for pre-orders of the Google Glass at Google I/O last week.
- 4th of July Logos From Google, Yahoo, Bing & Others
Happy Fourth of July to everyone! To celebrate the Independence Day for the United States Google, Yahoo, Bing, Dogpile and Ask.com all have special logos and themes on their home pages.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- "Google Experiments" vs. "Google Website Optimizer", WebmasterWorld
- Google Offers Concessions To EU Regulators To End Antitrust Investigation, WebmasterWorld
- Retiring our Symbian Search App, Google Web Search Help