Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Says You Can't Hide Links With Disclosure
I spotted an interesting thread at the Google Webmaster Help forums on the topic of placing links within widgets. A site that offers a widget to users that places a "hidden link" within the widget code is negatively affected by these links because of the hidden link...
- Google Advisor: AdWords Comparison Ads
Last week, Google launched a new service named Google Advisor. The tool lets you compare rates for mortgages, credit cards, CDs...
- Google AdSense Daily Earnings Declining? Here Is Why.
There have been many complaints in the Google AdSense Help forums from publishers complaining their daily earnings are fluctuating and less than they should be...
- Google Photo Scam Charging For Photos
There are new reports via the Google Places Help forums of business owners claiming they are being charged a few for their photos to show up in Google Maps...
- Foursquare Mayer T-Shirt
Here is a picture of Aygul Zagidullina wearing a foursquare t-shirt at a Google Technology User Groups (GTUGs) event this month.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Is Google.com Pushing Out Non-US Sites?, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Bing's Stefan Weitz: "Traditional search is failing.", WebmasterWorld
- Acceptable Page Load time in Google's eyes, WebmasterWorld
- Bing Rankings Cheat Sheet, Sphinn
- Google opens @googledoodels account, previously owned by WebSonic, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Building sites for Panda only, WebmasterWorld
- Panda fix - is this a time penalty / trust thing ?, WebmasterWorld
- PPC Management For Large Accounts, Sphinn
- Suggestion: New GWT feature to help tackle image spam, Google Webmaster Help