Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Major Penguin Update Coming In Weeks. It Will Be Big!
On Friday, Google's head of search spam, Matt Cutts announced on Twitter that the Penguin update we are expecting this year, will be coming in the next few weeks. Matt Cutts said...
- Google Mobile Study Shows Importance Of Mobile Search & Ads
Google published a study last Thursday on how in-store shoppers use smartphones. The study is useful for marketers to understand how smartphone users use search and other features while shopping in stores...
- Do You 404 Or 301 A Web Page?
A HighRankings Forum thread asks what should this webmaster do after he deleted an unwanted page. Should the webmaster 404 the page or 301 the page. To me the answer is simple. Let's look at the definitions of a 404 vs a 301...
- Google SMS Search Discontinued Without Warning
Without any warning to dedicated Google SMS searchers, Google has discontinued the the ability for you to send a text message to Google and get a response...
- Google's Brett Crosby With A Mohawk
I've known Brett Crosby since the really early days of the search industry. He started up an amazing analytics software company named Urchin, which my company was using in beta stages. Several years
- Happy Mother's Day Logos From Google & The Search Industry
Happy Mother's Day all you moms out there! Today is one of those days that the search engines go wild over their logos and background themes. We have outstanding logos from most of the search engines, with the exception of...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Have a website in Vietnamese? We now offer Vietnamese…, Google AdSense - Google+
- Using Hired Link Builders, HighRankings Forums
- Well, that's one SEO hack... (view-source), Hacker News
- Anchor Text Spam In Widgets, HighRankings Forums
- Can adding rel=author have a negative effect on traffic?, WebmasterWorld
- Google Guidelines - Link Schemes and Forum Signatures?, WebmasterWorld
- Seasonal Campaign Wrap Up Tips, AdWords Community