Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: May 13, 2011
It was a busy week in search and I apologize for sounding horrible in this video, a bit under the weather. I covered the release of the 3rd update to Panda...
- Google AdSense Publisher Claims Facebook Bug Spikes Earnings
A month ago there was a bug with the Facebook Like button. It was reported to have an impact on some user's analytics packages but I didn't hear much from AdSense publishers on this topic...
- Google Testing New Image Search Results
A member in the WebmasterWorld forums pointed out Google Image search is testing a new search results preview layout. I was able to replicate the test in Google Image Search Germany on Chrome...
- Google To Pay $500M To U.S. For AdWords Drug Ads
The Wall Street Journal reports the reason for Google documenting them putting aside $500 million was to pay a settlement to the Department of Justice over allowing illegal activity within their ad network...
- Facebook Outed As Bankroller For Google's Smear Campaign
The Daily Beast uncovered that it was Facebook, not Microsoft, as the company behind much of the recent smear campaigns against Google's brand and image. Supposedly, Facebook hired a PR company
- Yahoo Volkswagen Buggy
A picture of a Yahoo Buggy in a parking lot. The picture was taken in Amman, Jordan. It is a 1973 Volkswagon buggy with Yahoo branding. The picture was taken by Anas Al-Far and posted on Flickr.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- How does Google want people to ottain links?, WebmasterWorld
- Google Commercial Breaks Google's Terms of Service, Sphinn
- Google To Announce Chrome Laptops-$20/Month, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo and Bing gained on Google for April 2011 - Comscore, WebmasterWorld
- Book about Google by Ex-Google employee Doug Edwards, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Fake PREVENTING SPAM - VERIFY ACCOUNT message defaces Facebook walls, WebmasterWorld