It was a busy week in search and I apologize for sounding horrible in this video, a bit under the weather. I covered the release of the 3rd update to Panda, known as Panda 2.1. I also covered Google's second wave of advice for those Webmasters hurt by Panda. Google told us they run the Panda algorithm manually. Google is testing a new user interface for their search results. Google Instant Previews now support Flash web sites. Google showed off the Google +1 button for publishers and how it is integrated with Analytics. A TED speaker shared a case of why Google's search results can keep you in a box, a form of personalization and censorship maybe? Google Image Search added subject sorting. I have a picture of the foggy or filmy Google search results. NY Times targets SEOs again, tries to out the flower industry. Google to pay $500 million to the Department of Justice for illegal AdWords ads. Ask.com celebrated their 15th birthday and we have a ton of Google and search engine logos for you. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda 3.0
- Google's Second Attempt At Panda Relief Advice
- Google Panda Updates Search Results Manually
- Google Tests New Search Results Design
- Flash Google Instant Previews
- Google +1 Analytics & Implementation Screens
- To Censor Google Search Results Through Personalization
- Google Images Adds Subject Sort Option
- Pic: Google's Film/Foggy Search Results Issue?
- NY Times Hates Google Or Just Simple Reporting?
- Google To Pay $500M To U.S. For AdWords Drug Ads
- Ask.com's 15th Birthday
- Google Martha Graham Dance Logo
- Yom Ha'atzmaut Google Logo - 63 Years Old
- The 16 Mr. Men Logos In One: Roger Hargreaves Google Logo
- Search Engine Mother's Day Logos