Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Significant Google Changes: Is It The Over Optimization Filter?
I am seeing a significant uptick in complaints in the forums about downgrades and delistings of rankings in the past 12 hours or so. Most of them coming early this morning in the past hour or so and more and more reports coming in via the Google Webmaster Help forums...
- Getting Rid Of Those Silly Links
A WebmasterWorld thread has an SEO asking how do other SEOs go about removing links. The SEO said, "deleting articles or removing links can be very time consuming," and what process do you use to identify and remove those links?
- Video: How Google Search Works By Matt Cutts
Google's Matt Cutts, the man responsible for helping bring search engine communication with webmasters, amongst other things, produced an 8 minute video on how Google search works. He briefly goes through how Google worked in the past and works now, when it comes to crawling...
- The Google Zipper Home Page
I bet the Google home page made you go, "what the heck!" There is a huge zipper running down the middle of the Google home page. When you click on the logo or pull down the zipper part of the logo, it splits open...
- Pic: Google AdWords With Trusted Stores Badge
Pamela Parker captured screen shots of Trusted Store Badges on Google AdWords ads...
- Pinterest License Plate
I spotted this license plate photo on, um - guess, Pinterest. This license plate is for a loyal Pinterest fan. But if you were in NY, you can this one.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Pays $550 Million For AOL Patents From Microsoft, WebmasterWorld
- Mozilla Smartphone Open OS Ready Late 2012, WebmasterWorld
- Responsive Design And SEO, HighRankings Forums