Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- April Fools Continues With Tilted Google Results On iPhone
Go to your iPhone or iPod Touch, open up mobile Safari and search for [tilt]. Look at the results. Do they look like they are tilted a bit to the right? They sure do to me and everyone else searching for tilt on mobile Safari on the iPhone.
- Poll: Should Google Filter Auto-Completions In Instant Results?
A Milan Court ruled that Google must censor out the derogatory search suggestions and completions used on Google Instant. Personally, I find it a bit crazy but not everyone agrees with me, including this Italian court.
- Google AdWords Voice Support
The big news for Google AdWords advertisers is that Google is now offering telephone support for AdWords advertisers in the U.S. and Canada. To call AdWords support, dial 1-866-2-Google between Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Eastern Time.
- Children Targeted For Easter Searches Leading To Porn Sites
The lowest of the low of Google spam, in my opinion, is when spammers target children with pornography. It is sick, selfish and outright immoral. I am sorry, I rarely get passionate when I write, but it is disgusting...
- Yellow Yahoo Plastic Statue
Never seen one of these before, a yellow Yahoo plastic statue man. The picture was April 4, 2011 using a Canon Digital IXUS 75. It was posted on the Yahoo! Pressebilder Flickr account.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Discussion: White Hat? Black Hat? Who cares!, Sphinn
- I am algo proof, WebmasterWorld
- Google Life Picture search having less results ..., Google Web Search Help
- Known issue - Editing My Maps placemarks broken in Firefox 4, Google Maps Help
- New Website's Life Story, WebmasterWorld