Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Yahoo Search Direct Launches
Yahoo made big news in search yesterday by announcing the launch of Yahoo Search Direct. It is like Google Instant but within the search suggestions box. Now saying Yahoo is copying Google here is not fair...
- adCenter Console Missing Advertisers Campaigns & Ads
Go login to your Microsoft adCenter account and try to see if you can manage your search ad campaigns, the search ads that are displayed on Bing, Yahoo Search and their partners. Can you? Do you see anything...
- Google AdWords Adds More Location Targeting Controls
Google announced a new AdWords feature that many advertisers should be very happy about. The ability to control if your ads show or not show based on the searcher's location or the searcher's location intent, or both...
- Harry Houdini 137th Birthday Google Logo
Today is Harry Houdini, the legendary magician and escape artist's, 137th birthday. He was born on March 24, 1874 and died on October 31, 1926 at the aged 52. He was born Budapest, Austria-Hungary with the given name of Erik Weisz and died in Detroit...
- Bing Updates Mobile Search Experience
Bing has updated their mobile search experience on HTML5 enabled mobile smartphone browsers to add a bunch of features...
- The Writely Google License Plate
Google bought Writely to help build out what we know today as Google Docs. Here is a picture of a car's license plate at Google with the text, WRITELY.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Downside to noindex?, WebmasterWorld
- Discussion: Is DIY Link Building a Good Idea?, Sphinn
- Good grief! Universities to offer courses in Lady Gaga!, Google Webmaster Help
- Google News has stopped indexing most recent stories since 17th March, Google News Help