Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Not Provided To Spike When Firefox Adds Google SSL As Default
ristopher Soghoian noticed that the developer trunk of Firefox added as a default to use Google's HTTPS search. Danny Sullivan did some information seeking and confirmed Firefox has intentions to release this as the default Google search behavior in the near fu
- Google: HTML5 Doesn't Give You A Boost But Has No Downside
It has been about a year and a half since we last reported on Google's view of HTML5 where John Mueller of Google said "our crawlers are used to not being able to parse all HTML markup," adding "HTML5 is still very much a work in progress." But now...
- Email Scheduling & PDF Reports Added To New Google Analytics
One of the main features analytics junkies have been waiting for in the new Google Analytics interface was the ability to schedule out PDF formatted analytics reports. That feature seems to have been quietly added recently...
- Blogger Search Preferences For Redirects, Robots.txt, Meta Descriptions & More
Google's Blogger has added several new "search preferences" settings to the Blogger administration controls. You can now configure your robots...
- Awesome Lego Cake
I spotted this picture on Pinterest of a lego cake. We have featured lego cakes here before, but this one is the first round one I have seen. Google, as you know, is very into legos. So figured the
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing rankings Down for 3/20, WebmasterWorld
- Google Seeking Better Ways to Measure Ad Performance, WebmasterWorld
- Report: Google's Chrome Browser Usage Overtakes IE, Briefly, WebmasterWorld
- WMT message, correlates perfectly with drop in traffic, WebmasterWorld