Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: March 16, 2012
This week in search was pretty exciting, especially towards the end of the week. Google's Matt Cutts said that a new algorithm update will specifically target overly SEO'ed sites. Google might be testing that because SEOs and Webmasters are noticing major fluctuations
- Cutts: Google To Target Overly SEO'ed Sites Within Weeks
Google's head of search spam, Matt Cutts, announced as a side note during his panel at SXSW that Google is releasing an algorithm update specifically to target sites over doing their SEO. Matt Cutts said this is Google's attempt to "level the playing field" between webmasters that build quality content versus webmasters who are just really aggressive SEOs.
- Google's Amit Singhal: Freebase Entities Grows From 12M To 200M
The Wall Street Journal wrote a story named Google Gives Search Engine a Refresh. The story talks about the future of Google and says: Google is about to embark on its biggest renovation in history...
- Audio From SXSW Google's Cutts, Bing's Forrester & SEL's Sullivan
A week or so ago, Danny Sullivan from Search Engine Land...
- Google+ Pages PageRank Gone
Cyrus Shepard posted on Google+ that all the pages on Google+ now have a PageRank of zero or not available. He seems to be right and many webmasters are asking why. This even happens with Google Google+ page. I think the issue is that the previous URLs for these pages were...
- Googley Cake
I spotted this rainbow cake on Flickr and thought, wow, this is a very Google-like cake. The instructions on how to make this cake is at omnomicon.com/rainbowcake. It looks pretty tasty, don't you
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- חשוב לי להזכיר שקישורים ממומנים שמעבירים #PageRank מהווים…, Tomer Honen - Google+
- Most stupid "Trademark Policy Violation", WebmasterWorld
- Why I Left Google, WebmasterWorld