Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Drops Hyperlinks To Previews Of Google Alerts
It appears that Google has dropped a feature from the manage Google Alerts page. In the past you were able to click on the search term in the manage alerts page to see what came up in Google for that alert. Now, the hyperlink is gone...
- Keyword Rich Domain Names Next To Be Hit By Google
It should come to no surprise of readers of this site that Google and Matt Cutts next target will be domain names ranking too well on the merit of the keywords being in the domain name. We covered several times already on how well keyword match domain names rank in the Google search results...
- Google Overhauls Google Search iPhone App
Google has announced they have revamped the Google Mobile App by totally redesigning the interfaces and renaming it to the Google Search App. You can download it for free in iTunes...
- Amber Alerts On The Google Home Page?
A Google Web Search Help thread has one searcher offering an outstanding idea! Why not place Amber Alerts on the Google home page when possible?
- Video: Remove Google Cache Results
One of the more popular requests you see searchers and webmasters ask in the Google help forums is how does one remove content from the Google cache that has been removed by the webmaster...
- Pic: Google Stencil
Kuba Zerdzick took a picture of a Google stencil on March 10, 2011 in Poznan, Greater Poland, PL, using an HTC Desire HD. I've never seen a Google Stencil, but makes sense that there are some.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google indexed excessive empty pages due to a script error, WebmasterWorld
- Google Only Cares If You've Been Naughty, Cre8asite Forums
- Is AdWords "Billing Content Change" Email Legit?, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft IE9 Ready for Download, WebmasterWorld
- Updates on Street View site, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Webmaster Quiz Answers ( Google India Blog ), Google Webmaster Help
- Why SEO needs to be baked in, Sphinn
- 6 Reasons Why Q-and-A Sites Can Boost Your SEO in 2011 (Despite Google's Farmer Update), Sphinn
- add destination on google map is not working, Google Maps Help
- Google Instant Preview, Cre8asite Forums
- New adCenter Desktop Beta?, Microsoft Advertising Community
- New Google Chrome Logo, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Push email works on iPad but not on iPhone, Google Mobile Help
- SEO Audits – Strategic vs. Tactical, Sphinn
- Splitting a Section of a Site to its Own Domain, WebmasterWorld