Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: GoogleBot China Crawler A Bug
Most all SEOs know that Google's search spider, GoogleBot, crawls from Mountain View, California. So when a webmaster asked in a Google Webmaster Help thread why GoogleBot is crawling from China as opposed to from California, some Googlers began scratching their heads.
- Crafting Google Instant Search Suggestions
Besides for using raw search volume queries to manipulate the search suggestions and auto-completions given by Google Instant, there may be other ways, such as number of times those matches come up in web page documents.
- Forgotten & Underused SEO Tactics
A Sphinn thread has a nice discussion around the "most underrated SEO tactics" used by webmasters and SEOs. I thought I'd share some of the tips and tactics given in the thread and have you add your own. Blog comments that are properly moderated. Clean and easy to manage site...
- When To Use Canonical Tag For Paginated Results
I learned a couple things last night from the Your Toughest Technical SEO Questions Answered session at SMX West. A lot of people use the rel=canonical tag for paginated results on their site...
- Google Street View Snow Mobile
A picture of a Google Street View Snow Mobile. Places cars, bikes and boats can't go, this snow mobile can go.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- International Websites .com/country Vs Country.domain.com Vs Country S, HighRankings Forums
- The button "more results" on google images is buggy (Firefox 3.6.15), Google Web Search Help