Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google International Women's Day 2014 Doodle
12-hours early, Google has posted the Women's Day 2014 Google Doodle for the annual March 8th International Women's Day. The logo is an animated video that takes you through some of the women "inspiring" women in history...
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: March 7, 2014
It was a slower week in search news but we still had a nice number of topics in the SEM space. First we covered the past month in Google search news...
- Google: Keep URL Length Shorter Than 2,000 Characters
SEOs obsess about the smallest things, even how long is too long for a URL. A Google Webmaster Help thread has SEOs and webmasters asking how long can they go for a URL. Google actually answered the question...
- Google Updates The AdWords Express Stats Dashboard
Google has announced they have revitalized the AdWords Express dashboard showing more colorful...
- Local SEO Checklist
WebmasterWorld moderator, travelin cat, posted an awesome and free local SEO cheat sheet on WebmasterWorld. He said he has uses this cheat sheet for "some time" and if you take it step by step in a careful and detailed manner...
- Get Google Maps Lite, 3D Or Classic With These URLs
The new Google Maps fully launched a couple weeks ago and some users want to be able to go back and forth between the new and the old version. Daniel the Google Maps Community Manager shared special URLs that let you either go to the lite version...
- Google Sydney Monorail Car Conference Room Key
Eddie Kessler, a Google manager engineer for 7 plus years, first with adMob who Google acquired, posted a picture of this special key found in the Google Sydney conference room named the monorail car
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Annual RB BBQ, Doodle
- 31 Places to Change Your Business Address | Outspoken Media, outspokenmedia.com
- Twitter / webtuning: @rustybrick I would claim, twitter.com
- App Store SEO: The tools we used| Invantory, invantory.com
- Barry Schwartz - Google+ - My SEO video recap from Friday, Google
- Merge Request, Google