Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Privacy In Exchange For Search History Across Devices
Google announced that if you are logged in (with search history on) to Google search while on your desktop and then go to your mobile device (while logged in there also) Google will show you the recent places you searched for...
- User Access Added To Google Webmaster Tools
This day has been coming for a long long time - in fact, Webmasters have been asking for an easier and more secure way to grant access to their Google Webmaster Tools area since Google Webmaster Tools launched.
- Google On Pace To Hit Over 4 Million Messages To Webmasters This Year
I reported last night at Search Engine Land that Google Sent Over 700,000 Messages Via Webmaster Tools In Past Two Months...
- Google Rolling Out SSL Default Worldwide
Last night, Google announced they are rolling out the default SSL search behavior they introduced in October 2011 for Google.com to all their local domain names in the next few weeks. This is a major deal for a few reasons...
- Googlighting Tie
Mark Striebeck, Google Gmail manager, gave a presentation recently at Google and was wearing this special Googlely tie. The truth behind the tie is it is to mock Microsoft's viral video named Googlig
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Image Search ranks other websites hot-linking to MY images, WebmasterWorld
- March 2012 AdSense Earnings & Observations, WebmasterWorld