Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Images Adds Try These Too
A month or so ago, Google launched their new image search user interface, which many webmasters claim made their image search traffic take a nose dive. Well...
- Advertorial Spam = 11 Day Google Penalty For Interflora
Two weeks ago we reported that Interflora was penalized for advertorial link spam by Google. What did that result in? An 11-day Google penalty. I assume Interflora was able to convince all the UK newspapers to pull the advertorials and submitted a reconsideration request. If only it was that easy for others.
- Google's Philosophy On Manually Removing Spam
Google's Matt Cutts, the head of search spam at Google, posted a video named Does Google use a set standard for manually removing webspam...
- Google AdSense Updates Contact Page
Google announced on Google+ that they have improved the method you can use to contact Google for AdSense support. Google said the new contact options page "offers you personalized solutions." They also offer their higher-earning publishers a consultation via email for account-specific...
- Search Term Filter Added To Google AdWords Report
Google announced on Google+ that they have added a way to filter the search terms within the search term report. Google said: Based on your feedback we've updated the filters on our Search Terms report to include a new "search term" filter option...
- Mayer & Filo Cutting The Yahoo Birthday Cake
Marissa Mayer & David Filo last Friday celebrated Yahoo's 18th birthday. Marissa Mayer is ex-Google executive who is now the CEO of Yahoo and David Filo is a co-founder of Yahoo. They both took cent
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Glass Privacy Question, Google Web Search Help
- 10 ways to build the audience for your Google+ Page (NEW…, Kaspar Szymanski - Google+
- How to create more brand engagement with Google+?, AdWords Community
- How To Make An Attorney Pay Up..., HighRankings Forums
- Self-referencing links: PR drain, UX nuisance or harmless?, WebmasterWorld