Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: February 25, 2011
Busy week in search, yet again. Google released their second of two algorithm updates...
- Google's Farmer Update Live: 12% Of Google's Results Forever Changed
SEOs and webmasters have been eagerly anticipating, both in fear and excitement, the release of Google's content farm algorithm. Google announced that is has been rolled out yesterday. This is the second of two released, the first being aimed at scraper sites. 12% of the Google results are changed.
- Bing Increases Integration With Facebook Likes
Bing has announced they have tightly integrated the Facebook Likes data they began using back in October into the Bing search results. I believe this move is to counter-act Google's announcement of their tighter integration of social search elements into the search results...
- Google Adds Recipe View
Google announced yesterday a new Google search view for the left hand panel named Recipe View. This view lets you quickly search for recipes of all kinds with special filters that help you narrow your search...
- Google's Android Land Set Up
A picture of the set up for "Android Land" at the Mobile World Congress which took place in Barcelona on February 14 through 17th.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Click Distribution & Percentages by SERP Ranking Position, Sphinn
- DOTW: Is it Possible for Us to Educate the Media About SEO?, Sphinn
- Mybloglog to close, WebmasterWorld
- SEO Strategies for Google News, Sphinn
- I think I found a bug when embedding a map within an iframe, Google Maps Help
- Stopping scrapers from the get-go, WebmasterWorld