Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Penalizes Forbes For Selling Links, Again
Forbes.com, the extremely popular magazine web site, has been notified by Google that they have been penalized for selling links on their web site. Denis Pinsky, the Digital Marketing Manager at Forbes.com, posted a Google Webmaster Help thread with the notification warning. As some of you know, Google now email site owners when they are participating in unnatural links and Forbes.com just received their email from Google.
- Google's New Navigation Bar Rolling Out
Google has been testing a new top bar navigation for over a month now, some would say even longer. But it does appear that new top bar navigation is being rolled out to everyone now. Heck...
- Poll: Are There Risk Free Paid Links?
In light of Forbes being penalized for selling links and Google sending out link warnings to link sellers and buyers - a new topic arose at WebmasterWorld where one SEO asks if there is such a thing as a "penalty-proof paid link...
- IPv6 Coming: SEOs May Want To Prepare
IPv6, Internet Protocol version 6, is the Internet's answer to running out of IP addresses. IPv4 had 4,294,967...
- AdWords Below First Page Bid Warning Missing Price
Normally when you create a keyword in Google AdWords and that keyword requires a higher bid amount to show up in the Google AdWords section of the search results, Google will tell you exactly how much you need to bid to show up...
- Bing Now Using Location & Previous Search History To Personalize Results
Bing announced last week that they are venturing into personalized search results. Yes, they have announced a partnership with Facebook to personalize results, but those are within box elements on the page...
- Google Mexico's Color TV Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena Logo
Google Mexico has a special logo of a color TV representation for Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena's 94th birthday. He was born February 17, 1917 and died on April 18...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google One Pass Launched, A Digital Content Management Service, WebmasterWorld
- Public Data Explorer opened, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- The Next Generation of Ranking Signals, Sphinn
- Best Way To Handle Affiliate Links?, HighRankings Forums
- How does Google handle reviews and sentiment?, Sphinn
- SEO Confessions of a Former “Dirty Little Secret” Keeper, Sphinn
- Since Watson is basically a glorified search engine, when will Google challenge Watson on Jeopardy?, Google Web Search Help