Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google To Understand Entities
A Mashable story has details from Google's head of search, Amit Singhal on where Google search is heading. Here are two excerpts from the article: The future of Google Search, though, could be a very different story...
- Google Webmaster Outreach 2011
Kaspar Szymanski, a Googler responsible for webmaster outreach and a downright awesome guy...
- Google: Cookieless Domain Have No Direct SEO Effect
A Google Webmaster Help thread asks if there is an SEO benefit to going the cookieless domain route. The simple answer is that no, there is no direct SEO impact on going with the cookieless domain...
- Can AdSense Publishers Sell Direct Ads?
A WebmasterWorld thread asks a question that is so obvious and basic that I've never thought of it or even seen it asked before in the forums...
- Google's Tony Bennett Valentine Logo & More
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Valentine's Day is one of those days the search engines go all out on their logos, like they do on New Years, July 4th and many other days. Like we do every year, I wanted to share the logos
- A Fake Google Store
We know Google has a Google Store in at their headquarters in the GooglePlex. We know they are thinking of adding one also to their Dublin office. But a random Google store somewhere in the Middle E
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Search Engine Click-Through & Bounce Rates as Ranking Metrics, seoworkers.com
- The "Search by Images" is killing my game (50,000+ players) please help!, Google Web Search Help
- Anyone Noticing a little yellow box when they click in to see a domain?, Google Webmaster Help
- It's time to do another Google Webmaster Central…, John Mueller - Google+