Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Matt Cutts: Google Core Updates Were So Drastic Due To End Of Year Code Freeze
Matt Cutts of Google who is still on leave as far as we know, was on TWIG #336 and he spent about 15 minutes going through the core updates, Penguin...
- Google To Add JSON-LD Support For Rich Snippets
Google will likely be expanding implementation support for rich snippets through JSON-LD. John Mueller confirmed this on Twitter after a webmaster said he saw websites using JSON-LD to power their product reviews rich snippets...
- Google: Updating Images Can Take Months; We Don't Index Them Frequently
We know Google discovers and displays images very quickly in their search index, but once it is indexed, Google may take a really long time to discover the update. For example...
- Many Google AdSense Publishers Still Waiting For Their January Payments
Seems like there are many Google AdSense publishers complaining in the Google AdSense Help forums that they did not receive payment for January, nor is there any payment in progress (PIP). Personally, I did receive my payment electronically on January 21...
- Google Television Doodle For Who Invented The Mechanical Television
Today on the Google home page is a Doodle, aka special Google logo for the 90th anniversary of the first demonstration of television...
- Search Engine Photo Of The Day On TWIG
Can you believe it, the Search Engine Photo Of The Day, which some of you hate and some of you love, made it on This Week In Google (TWIG). Leo Leo Laporte and Matt Cutts talked about the screen sho
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Did Analytics change the way to handle Google ..., The Google Advertiser Community
- Critial XSS flaws in Magento leave millions of ecommerce sites at risk, WebmasterWorld
- Former Mozilla CEO reveals Brave, WebmasterWorld
- Just out: Building a command-line AMP Validator on Mac OS X…, Google+ - Pieter Greyling
- Learn how Gannett uses Google Consumer Surveys to monetize their content, Google+ - Google Consumer Surveys