Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Matt Cutts: Guest Blogging For Links Or SEO Is Over & Dead
Yesterday, Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam and the most loved to be hated man at Google, posted on his personal blog that guest blogging is dead at least for link building or SEO purposes...
- Was Expedia Penalized By Google? SearchMetrics Says So.
Yesterday morning Patrick Altoft tweeted to me that SearchMetrics is reporting Expedia lost about 25% of their Google traffic overnight. SearchMetric is indeed reporting this and I confirmed it with Marcus Tober from SearchMetrics via email...
- New Google AdSense Arrows: Square Backgrounds With Thin Arrow
A WebmasterWorld thread is chatting about a new Google AdSense test where the arrows in the AdSense units are once again changing. I was able to find a picture of this in action on my own personal blog...
- Bing's Duane Forrester On Keyword In Domain Name
Duane Forrester, Bing's version of Matt Cutts (on some level), posted this long blog post on the importance of keywords in domain names on rankings. In short...
- Google Camera Strap
Richard Hay from Google snapped a picture of a branded camera shoulder strap. Yes, they have Google swap that is designed for camera holders. This is specifically a Google+ branded photo camera strap
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Evidence That Google Chooses Increasing Profits Over User Security, Threadwatch.org
- Two Chrome Extensions Removed By Google Over Ad Serving Breaking The Company's Terms, WebmasterWorld
- Facebook Ate My Website, HighRankings Forums
- Product Ads Money Pit?, WebmasterWorld