Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- When Google's Algorithms Don't Index Your Content
A Google Webmaster Help thread has one webmaster upset that his index count, compared to the number of pages submitted via his sitemap file is continuously going down...
- Google AdSense Testing No Arrows Now?
A month or so ago, Google officially brought arrows to all AdSense ads after doing so on mobile ads. Since then, Google has tested and tried the arrows in blue, white and gray colors, from what I've seen...
- Google's Skip Redirect (For Mobile) Live In Action
Over 12 months ago, Google launched a mobile feature named skip redirect. It basically does that it means...
- Google Image Search Broken In Older Versions Of Firefox
A Google Web Search Help forum thread has searchers using an older version of Firefox complaining that Google Image Search is not functioning properly in that browser version. The issue is in Firefox 3.6...
- Bing Powered Yahoo Images Brings Back Old Yahoo Search Features
Yahoo announced that Yahoo Image search now has the ability to search Flickr images, as well as filter images based on re-use or re-posting under Creative Commons terms. When I first saw this news, I thought...
- Very Scary Googler
Richard Hay from Google posted a picture on his Google+ page of a picture of a very scary Googler who works in the Google engineering department. He didn't name who this Googler is but did say he onl
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Seo And Dividing Part Of Website (E-Shop, Forum And Website Itself), HighRankings Forums
- What Is A Natural Balanced Approach To Back Linking?, Cre8asite Forums
- "Links to your Site" in Google Webmaster Tools, WebmasterWorld
- Chrome & Analytics Data Use... and Google conspiracy theories, WebmasterWorld