Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Title Tags Influence Over Outbound Links
A WebmasterWorld thread has discussion on the topic of the influence over a page's title tag and the outbound links on that page. In short...
- Sick & Tired Of Google AdWords Quality Score
Google made AdWords famous with their Quality Score component. I am not going to explain what Quality Score is, for that, read here. But advertisers, long time advertisers are becoming really tired of it...
- Google AdWords To Lower Case Domains
Google announced they will begin lowercasing the domain and subdomains of the display ads for AdWords. Let me show you what this means. If I wanted my ad to have a display URL that looked like www.RustyBrick.com...
- Significant Delays For Google News Submissions
Before the 2010/2011 holiday season, Google News informed us their would be a slow down in reviewing sites for inclusion in Google News. Harvey P. from Google said this would last "through the end of the year." Yesterday...
- Quilt: iPhone With Google
A picture of an iPhone with Google's home page on a quilt.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Image Ads Gone Wild, WebmasterWorld
- Email from Adwords Offering Help/Consult, WebmasterWorld
- Googlebot looking for strange non-existent URLs, WebmasterWorld
- Introducing The Google Science Fair, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- vBulletin Warns that reCAPTCHA Cracked, WebmasterWorld
- Are local results killing first page link traffic in Google?, WebmasterWorld
- How to use the link operator in Google Real Time Results, Sphinn
- I'm interested in why Google hasn't publicised the proximity function, Google Web Search Help
- Overstock.com's Google Rankings - any ideas on what they did?, WebmasterWorld