It was a busy month to say the least and now I am seeing more than normal chatter around a possible Google update. I'll probably write about that right after I submit this post, so stay tuned. Update, here is the post on a possible Google update.
I'll summarize the key posts specific to webmaster related Google topics below. But to see last month's summary, go here.
- Google Pushed Out The Major Penguin Update (v2.0 #4)
- Google Penguin 2.0 Goes Deep - But What Does That Mean?
- Poll: Were You Affected By Google Penguin 2.0?
- Your Rankings Drop Around May 15th? May Be Due To Link Networks Google Busted
- Google's Matt Cutts: Text Link Ads Link Sellers Targeted
- Google Site Command Temporary Issue Due To Domain Clustering
- A Google Update Is Happening (Google: Nothing To Announce Now)
- Matt Cutts On 10 New SEO Changes At Google In Next Few Months
- Google To Soften The Panda Algorithm
- Google Subject Specific Authority Ranking
- Google: The Spammy Queries To Get Less Spammy
- Google's Cutts: Nofollow Links In Advertorials Or Else!
- Google Slaps Sprint For Spammy Community Forum
- Have Links To Disavow? Google Says Google Webmaster Tools Link Report Is Enough?
- Google: Use The Disavow Tool Like A Machete & Not Fine-Toothed Comb
- Google's Matt Cutts: Negative SEO Extremely Rare
- Google's Cutts: Your Ugly Face Didn't Hurt Your Rankings, Penguin Did.
- Google Shares Insight Into Content Removal: 404s Confirmation & More
- Google: Your UGC Content May Have Triggered Panda
- Video: Google Conversational Search In Action
- Search Google & Get Google Now Reminders
- Google Drops The "Translated Foreign Pages" Search Filter
- Google SMS Search Discontinued Without Warning
- Google (Rich Snippets) Structured Data Markup Helper Tool
- 6 New Data Types Now Supported By Google's Data Highlighter Rich Snippet Tool
- 47% Won't Proactively Disavow Links In Google
- 35% Will Block Google Images In Protest Of Change
- One Year Later, Only 9% Claim Google Penguin Recovery
- 57% Don't Fear Google's Disavow Link Tool
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.