PotPieGirl wrote an excellent post named Google Raters : Who Are They?
The post examines the an open discussion forum where these Google Quality Raters hangout and ask questions about their daily tasks.
In summary, here findings include:
- Google Quality Raters are hired via Lionbridge, Leapforce and Butler Hill and not Google.
- They take a two part exam to qualify
- The pay isn't bad but the work isn't consistent ($12 – $15 per hour & 10-20 hours per week)
- Google has raters for about 8 years
- They rate search results (but don't have to see the landing page to rate)
- They are required to rate 30 per hour
- Do ratings by these raters impact search quality directly?
Forum discussion at Google +.