Google is currently running a Panda update, I believe it started sometime late Sunday night or early Monday morning.
A 20 search quality changes post. Google said:
This launch refreshes data in the Panda system, making it more accurate and more sensitive to recent changes on the web.
A senior member said yesterday:
Seeing a huge change yesterday (Sunday 26th) - organic referrals up across the board. Almost 300% increase compared to previous Sunday. Still shooting 50% less than pre-Panda (April 2011), but I removed a lot of content so would expect it to be.
Other webmasters at the forums also took notice but it seems like it is still rolling out. Google said, "a handful [of these updates] are actually rolling out today and tomorrow."
This update is just a "data refresh," like the Panda 3.2 update on January 15th. A data refresh means there were no changes to the Panda algorithm, it means they only ran the algorithm again. So some sites were hit hard and some sites were freed and seeing a boost in traffic. Of course, a data refresh can be serious for sites, if they are on either side of the coin.
Like our one year Panda anniversary poll said, 87% are still suffering from Panda. So I hope many of you benefited from it.
Past Panda Updates:
- Panda 3.2 on about January 15th
- Panda 3.1 on November 18th
- Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th
- Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th
- Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th
- Panda 2.5 on September 28th
- Panda 2.4 in August
- Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd.
- Panda 2.2 on June 18th or so.
- Panda 2.1 on May 9th or so.
- Panda 2.0 on April 11th or so.
- Panda 1.0 on February 24th