Google, late late Friday, announced they are doing more "spring cleaning" of limited used products and services or products and services they rather not continue with.
Here are the products and services closing:
- AdSense for Feeds is closing on October 2, 2012 and by December 3, 2012, it will completely stop working.
- Custom Home page backgrounds are going away next month and on October 16th you won't be able to upload new images.
- Google News Badges is going away completely on October 15th.
- Google News "Recommended Sections" is also going away on October 15th.
- +1 Reports in Webmaster Tools is also going away on November 14th.
- and much more, see this post.
I am a most upset about the AdSense for feeds but most surprised about the custom background image for Google home pages. The news badge, I was just waiting for but the recommended section is a bit surprising.