Google has updated the My Business bulk locations management interface the other day. You can access the new design at google.com/local/manage.
The new design promises to offer "better manage your locations and publish updates more quickly across Google," according to Google. In addition, it gives you a new navigation menu and a to-do list of items to accomplish. Here is a list of changes Google shared:
- faster updates once you make an edit
- more helpful messages and guidance in context
- better tools to manage your locations
- Tuck the main navigation and to do list away to free up screen space to view all your location details
- Action column to the right of status column lets you know what next steps are
It seems like some are not into the new look. In the Local Search Forums, one local SEO expressed his concerns:
So far not the biggest fan of it. It seems clunkier, if that's even possible with Google. It's frozen multiple times this morning when trying to work, and they've moved everything that was useful in a layer, which just means more clicking all day.
They also don't label the last header in the dashboard, so it's not totally intuitive that its where you get into the actual page to manage it. And issues you use to be able to dismiss (like a missing store code) now can't be cleared out.
I assume this will be refined over time...