He posted a screen shot of the home page that he was looking at using IE9 and not logged in:
Here is the list of promotions Google is throwing at you, once the cleanest home page ever and now not as clean (but still pretty clean compared to others, not to itself):
- "Come here often? Make Google your homepage." ; 'Sure', 'No thanks'
- "A faster way to browse the web"; 'Install Google Chrome'
- Strong coloured Doodle, begging for attention.
- "I'm Feeling Lucky" (being stupid)
- The links at bottom has "gone", are below the "fold".
- Black bar, with "random" links to Google Services, and also:
- The "Images"-link is not to a service (e.g. Picasa), but to Image Search.
- Some services, are not found under neither "More" nor "More"\"Even more" (e.g. Google Sites is completely missing).
Forum discussion at Google Web Search Help.