So Matt Cutts released another video yesterday and this is at least the fourth video on the topic of guest blogging.
The deal is, Google is saying Guest Blogging as a whole is getting spammier by the day. As good things get abused, over time, those good things turn into bad things.
Matt said, the guest blogging spam is "growing" in terms of spam and abuse. So he laid out basic "do nots" that everyone who reads here already knows:
- Don’t make guest blogging your only link building strategy
- Don’t send out thousands of mass emails offering to guest blog to random sites
- Don’t use the same guest article on two different sites
- Don’t take one article and spin it many times
Here is the video:
Like I said, we've covered the topic many times and Matt has three other videos. Here are links to those topics:
- Cutts: We Will Penalize Spammy Guest Blogging
- Google On Guest Blogging For Links
- Google's Matt Cutts Describes How He Finds Low Quality/Spammy Guest Blogging
- Is Guest Blogging Getting Out Of Control?
Forum discussion at Twitter.