The one complaint you will always see in a forum filled with Google AdSense publishers is that it is harder and harder to make good money from the AdSense publisher program.
Every time Google releases earnings some publisher points out the aspects of the earnings release that relates to publishers. This time it is no different, a WebmasterWorld thread.
Google just announced its first quarter 2015 numbers. Compared to the first quarter in 2014:
- Total advertising revenue increased 11%
- Google-owned site revenue increased 14%
- Partner revenue increased 1%
- Aggregate paid clicks increased 13%
- Paid clicks on Google sites increased 25%
- Paid clicks on partner sites decreased 12%
- Aggregate cost per click decreased 7%
- Cost per click on Google sites decreased 13%
- Cost per click on partner sites increased 2%
Compared to the fourth quarter of 2014:
- Total advertising revenue decreased 5%
- Google-owned site revenue decreased 4%
- Partner revenue decreased 8%
- Aggregate paid clicks decreased 1%
- Paid clicks on Google sites decreased 3%
- Paid clicks on partner sites increased 4%
- Aggregate cost per click decreased 5%
- Cost per click on Google sites decreased 3%
- Cost per click on partner sites decreased 11%
The numbers and trends don't look that good for publishers.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.