Bing Ads has suffered a major data outage for their reporting tools that is ongoing day-three now. It issued an apology yesterday on Twitter saying Our sincere apologies for the ongoing issues with reporting data." Here is that tweet:
Our sincere apologies for the ongoing issues with reporting data. For updates on a fix: https://t.co/uY4E4aEzES— Bing Ads (@BingAds) February 9, 2016
There is a status report over here which describes the issue and shows as of this morning, data has begun to be restored. The issue started Sunday night/Monday morning, although some say it goes back Saturday or Friday, and is still not 100% fixed as of this morning.
In short, advertisers can not get their data on how well or poorly their campaigns are performing. The outage report reads:
The data delays are currently affecting multiple services across the Bing Ads platform listed below:
- Ad Delivery: Users might see over/under delivery due to campaign budget pause or replenishment delays.
- BI/Reporting: All advertiser facing reports are not populating with most recent data.
- Billing: Prepay and Postpay billing information is impacted and might not show the exact value.
- Advertiser API: Bing Ads Advertiser API customers trying to pull complete data for the previous day with "ReturnOnlyCompleteData=true" could have received some error messages.
- Product Ads: Bing Shopping catalog processing is also about 2 days behind. Bing Merchant Center users will notice that Feed Files uploaded could take up to 2 days to process
- UET/Remarketing: UET tag status for Active tags will be incorrectly showing as 'Inactive' and Goals may show as 'Not Recording Conversions'. Remarketing lists sizes have not been updated since 2/6/2016.
- Publisher: Reports retrieved from the pubCenter UI and the pubCenter Reporting API may not have complete data during the impacted timeline due to data upstream not being available.
- Editorial: There will be a delay in processing Keywords/Ads/Ad Extensions that are in Editorial Pending Review status. Appeals requested through Bing Ads UI will also experience a delay.
As of this morning, Bing posted an update:
Engineering teams are seeing some processing improvements in systems after deploying a fix. As of February 10, 2016 1:00 AM PST, Ad Campaign performance reporting is delayed by at the most 19 hours. Important Update: Data for hours between 02/05/2016 9 PM PST to 02/07/2016 11 AM PST is incomplete. We will be updating the data for impacted hours as soon as our system is fully caught up. We will continue to send updates as we learn more. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.
I don't think any data is lost 100% but it will take time to restore.
Forum discussion at Twitter.