As we do every month, we summarize an ongoing WebmasterWorld thread specifically designed to track Google changes. We also provide links to the most interesting Google SEO related topics we covered in the past month. You can find last month's report over here.
Here are some of the points from the WebmasterWorld thread:
- Significant ranking changes
- Google's holiday shopping algorithm
- Ranking changes from day to day
Tedster mentioned the "holiday shopping" algorithm, implying Google knows people are now in buy mode for the holiday season and maybe Google's algorithm is a bit more product/shopping sensitive these days?
Anyway, here is a break down of the topics we covered in the past month.
Google Algo/Ranking Related:
- Google Update or Bug: More Complaints Over Google's Search Results
- Google Ranking Update or May Day Impacting More Sites?
- Google PageRank Updating This Morning? October 2010
- Google Fixes Blogspot Indexing Issue: New Content Being Indexed
- More Google May Day Theories, Five Months Later
- Google: Different Algorithms Can Apply To Different Sites At Different Times
Google User Interface Related:
- Google Pleases Local Optimizers & Upsets AdWords Optimizers With Place Search
- Google Showing Related Brands, Stores & Types In Results
- Google's Realtime Counter & Shared By In Web Search Results
- Google Magnifying Glass Page Previews, A Real Google Test
Google Webmaster Tools Related:
- Google Improves Parameter Handling For Faceted Navigation Control
- Google Adds Rich Snippets Support For E-Commerce Sites
- Google Webmaster Tools Says "You Have More Sites" To Add
- Google Updates Link Reports Before Bing
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Change Percentages To Query Report
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.