I love it when really advanced search advertisers submit their feature wish lists. It shows how far a platform has come and how much further it can go. I wanted to highlight Jerry Nordstrom's feature request list, noting he is very happy with the controls he has from Google AdWords today, but wants more.
Jerry listed them in a Search Engine Watch Forums thread.
- Ad formats: Some of the worst performing ads on the content network for us are from sites that exclude our domain name. Or only display the ad title. Allow us to control ad format publishers.
- TLD Control (domain name extension): It is very clear that a TLD can help determine the legitimacy of an advertiser. All us to exclude domains based on. Their TLD .com, .In, .Au, .UK etc.
- Domain Name Control:Exclude content partners based on a keyword or special character within their domain name. ie: exclude all domains with "free" or "government" or "obama" in them.
- Language: If there is any bit of language on the page not compatible with my ads, I don't want my ad run there.
- Percentage of Ads to Content on a page.: Asking a lot here, but man, I am tired of having to exclude the thousands of pages containing 90% ads and 10% cheap scraped content modified to fool Adsense matching.
Those are just some of the items on his wish list.
Forum discussion at Search Engine Watch Forums.