This week, I run through 15 or so topics in about 18 minutes. Google Caffeine is officially live worldwide now, this is not a ranking change like May Day. Google Webmaster Tools bug caused drop in impression and click reporting. Google added soft 404 reporting to Webmaster Tools crawl errors. Google Suggest now shows misspellings. Bing launched social search features. Bing un-launched (if that is a word) their Cashback program. Google released AdWords Campaign Experiments tool to help advertisers do better testing analysis. Google expanded Google Maps Tags nationwide. Yahoo sent out their final Yahoo Publisher Network payments. Google News dropped the Web Search button. Twitter's URL shortener may have an impact on link building techniques. Searchers hated being forced into the Google custom background image, so Google turned it back. SMX Advanced was this week, we covered 8 or so sessions - it was a great conference. Google didn't have a D-Day logo, I think that was a good idea. Google is now sporting FIFA logos worldwide, but a Jacques Cousteau Doodle in the US. Also check out the FIFA fever logos and themes at Bing, Yahoo, Ask.com, YouTube and others. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Caffeine Is Finally Live: Google Just Got A Lot Faster
- Google Webmaster Tools Search Queries Report Impression & Click Drops
- Google Confirms Webmaster Tools Stats Delay
- 404-Like Content In Google Webmaster Tools: Soft 404s
- Google Suggest Now With Spelling Corrections
- Bing Tries To Launch Social Search Improvements
- Bing Drops Cashback Proving You Can't Buy Search Market Share
- Google Releases Adwords Campaign Experiments Tool
- Google Wants $25 Per Business Per Month With Maps Tags
- Yahoo Publishers Receive Their Final Payments
- Google News Drops Web Search Button
- Will Twitter's New URL Shortener Hurt SEOs?
- Searchers Hate Custom Google Home Page, Want Opt Out
- SMX Advanced Seattle 2010 Live Blog Recap:
- People Seriously Want a D-Day Google from Google?
- Google FIFA World Cup & Jacques Cousteau Logo & Other FIFA World Cup Logos From Bing, Ask & Others