Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Sesame Street Count(s) Day 6 Trumps Berlin Wall Logo
Today, if you visit Google.com, you will see Count Von Count as the Google logo (doodle) on the home page. This is the 6th day, and 11th Sesame Street logo, Google has posted in celebrating of Sesame Street's 40th anniversary. We have all the Sesame Street logos that have currently been posted over here. Like, I said, today's logo is Count Von Count, another lovable Sesame Street logo: But today, if you visit Google.de, you
- Fake Google Matt Cutts Ban List Referrers?
What appears to be a newbie, posted a thread at Google Webmaster Help asking why his site is not ranking yet. He also asked if he had something to do with the URL https://internal.google.com/spamteam/users/cutts/matt/ban_list/ showing up in his log files. Got that? https://internal.google.com/spamteam/users/cutts/matt/ban_list/ It appears to look like Matt Cutts' personal ban list at Google. But is it really? (1) His site is indexed in Google. (2) Why in the world would Google show those
- Poll: Where Do SEOs Cash In Best?
A Search Engine Watch Forums thread has a post asking where do SEOs make the most amount of money? Is it by offering SEO consulting services? Is it by building web sites with affiliate models? Is it by offering SEO education? Is it by selling successful web sites? Or is it something else? I assume the answer depends on how good the person is at the particular service. If someone is great at dealing with
- Microsoft adCenter Advertiser Suffer from Quality Score Issues Also
There is a small thread at WebmasterWorld with two advertisers complaining that their US based ads are not running as often as their UK based Microsoft adCenter campaigns. In short, the US campaigns they were running, in comparison to the UK campaigns, were getting a tiny fraction of impressions and clicks. One advertiser emailed Microsoft and received this interesting response: We see that your program was opened in 2006. We see that you are receiving
- London Escort Service Using Seductive Images in Google Maps Business Listings
A disgruntled searcher posted a thread at Google Maps Help forum complaining that he spotted a nude photo on a Google Maps business listing for a London based escort service. I personally don't think I see a nude photo, but the photos are seductive in nature. You can see the business listing over here (also a screen capture). The individual reported this on Saturday, November 7th, but no one really noticed (it was Saturday). Here
- Google AdWords Team's Photo Help Session
The Google AdWords team posted a photo help session, specifically to give tips on how to use the Google Content Network to the best of your ability. AdWordsPro Sarah, the woman in the middle of the photo above, posted the details of the photo tips: To help wish the AdWords Help Forum happy birthday, the Online Help team collected Googler's favorite tips and created several photo albums (so you can put a face to the
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Vince Update, Sphinn
- Warning: Use Google Commerce Search At Your Own Risk, Sphinn
- Factors That Raise Red Flags To Google, WebmasterWorld
- I just moved from geocities, google gave me my old ranking back but then today I lost my ranking, Google Webmaster Help
- Link Building: Anybody else think the end of Geosites is a good thing?, WebmasterWorld
- SEJ Tools: The Advanced SEO Toolkit, Sphinn
- What can you do when rogue google user tags your google gadgets?, Google Webmaster Help