A day after Sphinn's two year birthday, that is right, Sphinn was launched on July 12, 2007, version 2.0 of Sphinn was pushed live. Sphinn is the social forum-like site where SEOs and SEMs can submit stories or discussions, members can then vote and comment on those stores. It is a fairly popular site and it is pretty fun to use.
The Sphinn Blog has the details on version 2.0 of Sphinn. Here are the main points:
- New, cleaner look
- Much improved moderation and spam controls
- The removal of the “Discussion” option for submissions
- My Network – Friend and follow the people you like
- "Show Me" Filters – Only show submissions from My Network, or your favourite categories
- Subscribe/Unsubcribe to stories that you’re interested in, with email notifications
- Save stories that you enjoyed or want to come back to
- My Sphinn – A one-stop dashboard for your network, important topics and an expanding list of blog content
Also coming soon, but not yet live, are Private Discussions, Live Chat and a Members-Only directory.
Here is a picture of Sphinn soon after it first launched in 2007:
Here is Sphinn 2.0:
Happy Birthday Sphinn!
Forum discussion at Sphinn.