Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Is Bing's Algorithm Domain Name Heavy?
There is a large thread at the Bing Community on the topic of how Bing treats domain names. There are some people that feel that Bing's algorithm weighs too heavily on words in a domain name. Cleo started the thread, which now has about 30 replies, even from Brett Young of Microsoft. Cleo said: If I have one criticism of the Bing, it is that it puts WAY too much emphasis currently on keyword domain
- Google Image Search Improves Filter?
Whenever there is an image search change at any search engine, Zeus, a WebmasterWorld member, knows about it. He posted a thread at WebmasterWorld noting that he has seen a change to the moderate filter used by Google Image search. Zeus said the change is a big improvement to what was there previously. Specifically, images often wrongly associated with being adult pictures are no longer classified as such. He said, and I quote: Today I
- Google Scams So Serious, Google Blog Writes About Them
The Google scams have been an issue since early this year. They got a lot worse last month and finally Google began banning advertisers who are promoting these Google scams. Google has taken this to the next level by blogging about it on the official Google Blog. Google outed the scam finally and clearly, by saying: We're seeing disturbing cases in which websites, emails and advertisements claim that you can make large amounts of money
- Google Images Adds Creative Commons Search
Last week Google added a creative commons drop down filter to Google Image Search. The filter looks like this: Google said: This feature allows you to restrict your Image Search results to images that have been tagged with licenses like Creative Commons, making it easier to discover images from across the web that you can share, use and even modify. Your search will also include works that have been tagged with other licenses, like GNU
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: July 10, 2009
In this week's recap, I share how the Google logo sent me tons of traffic for Tesla's birthday. I also discuss the July 4th logos and our video game pacman logo. Google Chrome OS was revealed this week as coming out in late 2010. Yahoo SearchPad finally launched. Google bolstered their real estate search. Google finally is taking action against AdWords scammers. Google is testing forum sub links in the search results. An SEO company
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Yahoo! Images to rank in SERPs based on Clicks, WebmasterWorld
- Can't kill all of the scientology ads on my site., Google AdSense Help
- Google mobile app results, DigitalPoint Forums
- Google Pitches New Small Business Customers, Ignores Existing Ones, Sphinn
- Dealing with Malicious Inbound Links, WebmasterWorld
- New channels update (July 11th, 2009), YouTube Help
- Two feed related issues, Google Base Help Forum Announcements