In this week's recap, I discuss several topics after going offline for a 50 hour period. That is why I look and act incredibly tired. In any event, we discussed the changes noticed at Google over the past couple weeks. Google confirms they will be changing the referral strings and we discuss why. Google Blog search updates link operator, finally. One line Sitelinks are here to stay. Google still showing different results for different case. SEO works, it is that simple. Video SEO tips from yours truly. Do all links look like links? Yahoo's new targeting feature may be flawed. I published several SEO polls, which I discuss. Google reported earnings and realized their first decline in revenue since going public. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
FYI, I created a video and accidently deleted it. I am way too tired to make a new one, so here it the text version. I'll be back next week.
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- April 2009 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Search To Change Referral Strings: SEOs Discuss
- Google Blog Search Updates Link Query Algorithm
- Are One Line Sitelinks Here To Stay: A Deeper Look
- Google Still Showing Different Results Based on Query Case
- Case Study Shows Pushed SEO Works Better Than Natural Site Development
- Video SEO: Host Internally or on YouTube?
- Links That Might Not Appear As Links
- Yahoo's New Local Targeting Feature Showing Poor Quality Traffic?
- 54% of SEOs Believe in Artificial Google PageRank
- Most SEOs Believe Google Has Keyword Specific Penalty
- 80% Say SEOs Need Some Coding Abilities
- Tuesday Mornings: Best Time To Send Out Link Request Emails
- Google Sees Q1 2009 Revenue Drop: AdSense Publishers Seek Answers