Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Video Drops "Movers & Shakers" & Top Videos
If you visit Google Video today, you might be missing some of the old features we had just a short while ago. It seems like we are missing videos categorized as "Movers & Shakers," "Hot videos," which showed most viewed, most shared and so on. Where did it go? Just take a look at the Web Archive of the March2008 Google Video and you will see it is missing a lot from what we currently
- How Does Google AdSense Decide To Send You A Tip?
Over two years ago, Google started testing AdSense optimization reports, also known as automated AdSense tips. They can be found when you go to your AdSense Inbox. A WebmasterWorld thread asks, why does Google not send AdSense optimization report every month? Personally, I have not received one since December 2008 and I am happy that I have not received one. Here is a screen capture of my reports in my AdSense inbox: I assume the
- Can't Shake A Google Penalty? What To Do Next?
Are you one of those webmasters that simply cannot get out of the Google penalty box? Are you convinced you have a penalty that is keeping you from the first page of Google? Have you tried everything and still cannot achieve high rankings in Google? A WebmasterWorld thread shows one webmaster who has gone through the exhaustive list of changes to his, what he calls, white hat site, to make it even more clean, if
- Being Your Own SEO Client Is Not Easy
I spotted a pretty funny HighRankings Forum thread where an SEO is joking around that being his/her own client is not fun. This SEO said that when you provide SEO services, it is easy to tell your client to not check your rankings 20 times per day, or not to check your site index rate 10 times per day, but when it is your site, you do the same thing. Here is how this SEO
- Migrating This Feed From FeedBurner to Google
We are being forced to migrate our feeds off FeedBurner's legacy servers and on to the new Google servers. Yes, Google bought FeedBurner a while back and now they are requiring all FeedBurner users to move from feedburner.com to feedburner.google.com by the end of this month. So this morning, we hit the migrate button. It is still migrating. Most of you should be fine, because we used the MyBrand service, which meant our feed URLs
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Can DMOZ posting hurt my page rank?, Google Webmaster Help
- Microsoft Recite Voice Search For Mobile Devices, WebmasterWorld
- New AdSense Unit?, WebmasterWorld
- Everything You Can Do with Raven SEO Tools, Sphinn
- Facebook Changes TOS, HighRankings Forums
- Google Chrome ads are getting annoying, WebmasterWorld
- Passing PageRank through Google Profiles: A Small but Valid Test, Sphinn