Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Bug Halts Payments to AdSense Publishers
Google has confirmed in a Google AdSense Help thread that many publishers did not received their January payments due to a bug in the system. The bug put publisher accounts on hold, which automatically held any payments being sent to these publishers. Google's AdSense Pro William confirmed the issue last night, saying: Of late we have noticed complaints from Publishers about not receiving payments on time in spite of having no visible holds on the
- Share Your Favorite Google "My Map" With Google
Google is asking you to share your favorite or coolest "My Map" in the Google Maps Help forum. Maps Guide Brianna said: Does anybody have any really cool 'My Maps' they'd like to share on this thread? I started making one a while ago for 'My Favorite Beaches in Kauai' but I still need to add more rich content to it to give it some flair. I plan to share this map with my friends
- Where To Get Help With Google Sync For iPhone or Windows Mobile?
Google announced you can now sync your data from your mobile phone, such as the iPhone or Windows Mobile to their cloud and have it all managed there. From your contacts, calendars and so on. Here is a video Google published explaining it all. I will likely give this a try when I get back from SMX West (yes we have live coverage coming up at 9am (PST). But if you want to get started,
- Google Testing Images In Blog Search Results?
A WebmasterWorld thread reports one member noticing receiving images in his Google Alerts from Google Blog search. It seems to be an extension of how Google News shows images near some articles. But in this case, this searcher is saying the images are near blog post results from Google Blog search. I am not too sure if the user is confused in how he or she is using Google Alerts. I think that this person
- Yahoo Slow On Sending 1099s to Publishers?
By now, most Google AdSense publishers should have received their tax form, the 1099, from Google. But if you are a Yahoo Publisher Network publisher, you may not have received it yet. A DigitalPoint Forums thread has some publishers complaining that they have not yet received their 1099. A 1099 is a tax form that needs to be provided by Yahoo to some of their US publishers. I am pretty sure, I personally did not
SMX West Day One Coverage:
- Live Coverage of Expert Technical Review of Your Website at SMX West
- Live Coverage of Up Close With YouTube at SMX West
- Live Coverage of Diagnosing Web Site Architecture Issues at SMX West
- Live Coverage of Marketer to Developer Translation at SMX West
- Live Coverage of Up Close With Google Maps & Local at SMX West
- Live Coverage of Technical SEO Issues For Developers at SMX West
- Live Coverage of Keynote with Danny Sullivan at SMX West
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Making a site accessible for Google mobile search, WebmasterWorld
- Is Google Increasingly Favouring Forums?, WebmasterWorld
- SiteSuggestionService internal error AdWords API, Google Groups
- The Incredible Value of an Exact Match Domain Name, Sphinn