Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Reader Keyboard Shortcuts Changed Without Warning?
People using Google Reader who rely heavily on keyword shortcuts aren't happy. A Google Groups thread has a few forum members baffled. The documented behavior follows: I noticed that the "n" and "p" keys, used to scan down and up through the posts in list view, now causes the selected post to move to the top of the view's window whenever pressed. Prior to this, the displayed posts did not move, allowing movement through the
- Google's Search Query Report Groups Outliers, But Should It?
What happens when you're running a search query performance report on Google AdWords and you get the result "2 other unique queries?" What is Google saying here? According to AdWordsPro.Sarah, the issue is that Google's computers are only able to process so much information and usually they put the relevant information (the higher trafficked keywords, that is) in one category with data. Anything else -- the outlier keywords -- are grouped together and not treated
- Yahoo Advertising Platform, APT, Launched
The Yodel Anecdotal Blog talks about the launch of APT from Yahoo, a new digital advertising platform that advertises "quality inventory" and "drive[n] results." Here are some features of APT for Yahoo, according to YahooPete: For publishers, this platform is designed to open up access to large demand and help improve yield from all inventory, while simplifying ad management. It is also designed to help publishers create new revenue opportunities by cross-selling with other sellers
- How To Protect Your Google AdWords Account
As a result of many Google AdWords account hijackings and the false charges that are often associated with such an intrusion, netmeg at WebmasterWorld has suggested some procedures to keep yourself in the clear and away from hackers. The list includes changing your password to your Google AdWords account and changing any associated client account passwords. Following that, especially for AdWords account managers, contact your clients and make sure that they are aware of the
- Is There a Third Google Co-Founder?
A couple days ago TechCrunch reported that a man named Hubert Chang claimed to be the third co-founder of Google. Yes, not just Larry and Sergey, but now, Larry, Sergey and Hubert (has a ring to it). Here is Hubert's video: Google truth, the truth of Google's birth from googletruth on Vimeo. Both Google and Stanford professor Rajeev Motwani has denied that he founded Google. Here is Google's statement: There is no substance to Hubert
- Some Yahoo Users Noticing New Home Page Design
About a week ago we reported about the news that Yahoo is testing a new home page design. Since then, we have really not heard any chatter about people actually seeing the design in place. I personally see the old design and that is expected because Yahoo is testing out the new design on a test group. Last night, a DigitalPoint Forums thread started, telling members that he saw the new design. This user was
- New Features Coming To Microsoft adCenter Desktop Beta
We have been tracking a Search Engine Watch Forums thread on feature requests for Microsoft adCenter Desktop Beta. That thread has just been updated by adCenterRep with a promise of new features. The new features coming soon to adCenter Desktop Beta includes: Enable us to change the status of an ad group from "draft" to "active" within Desktop. If there is a way to do this, I couldn't find it - I had to log
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Antitrust Group Wants Limits on Google - Yahoo Ad Deal, WebmasterWorld
- Digg Raises More Cash: $28.7 million, WebmasterWorld
- Free and Low Cost Tools to Get the SEO/SEM Job Done, Sphinn
- Google ads running in instant messenger window, DigitalPoint Forums
- Google's Chrome Market Share Drops Back Back After Initial Interest, WebmasterWorld
- If You Build It SEO-Friendly, They Will Come, Sphinn
- My Site is Slowly Disappearing on Google, WebmasterWorld
- SEO Is Not a Last-Ditch Effort, Sphinn
- Seo Is Not A Last-ditch Effort, HighRankings Forums