The Olympics start today and Google, Yahoo, Ask.com and the Search Engine Roundtable have special logos up for the event. Google launched Insights for Search. Google begins to track your web surfing via DoubleClick cookies. Yahoo Search had a major update. Live relaunched Webmaster Tools. SEOs are split on buying nofollowed links and do like blog links. Google blocked ranking software. Performics has been sold off. Do the best SEOs offer consulting? AdWords is performing maintenance this weekend and they are shutting down version 11 of the API on the 26th. More news at SERoundtable.com.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. Here is the YouTube version of the feed (note: If YouTube shows a video not found message, just refresh the page and play it again, it is a YouTube bug):
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- The Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics & The Search Engine Industry
- Google Launches Insights for Search
- Advertisers Are Happy But Scared Over New Google / DoubleClick Cookie Tracking
- Major Yahoo Search Ranking Changes in Early August
- Live Search Greatly Improves Webmaster Tools But Webmasters Don't Give a Hoot
- SEOs Split On Buying Links Have The NoFollow Attribute
- SEOs Like Links From Blog
- WebPosition Ranking Software Being Blocked by Google?
- Performics Dropped by Google, Acquired by Publicis
- Are The Best SEOs Not Taking on Client Work?
- Google AdWords Schedules Downtime on August 9th
- What Exactly Happens During Google AdSense Maintenance?
- Google AdWords API Version 11 To Be Discontinued August 26th
I may not be able to mail schwag outside of the United States.